Beef and Cheddar Burritos, For The Freezer, A Great Grab-And-Go Meal.
Beef and Cheddar Burritos For The Freezer! These are absolutely perfect for when your kids are s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g and you need to feed them dinner FAST. We warm these up before a sports practice, or other after school activities that will keep us out past the regular dinner hour. We rely on single serving freezer meals A LOT during the school year because there just isn't time for a healthy family dinner on football or basketball nights.
If you love the idea of having single serve freezer meals for your athlete and want more recipes, I have a great round-up for you here.
I like to make kid friendly food, using the healthiest ingredients possible. Since there are no veggies in this one, I try to make every ingredient count. I use grass fed (sometimes organic) ground beef, real sharp cheddar (not the pre-shredded because it contains mold inhibitor and cellulose, aka wood pulp.) I also like whole wheat wraps.
I must admit I do bow down to the pre-package taco mix. I like it, what can I say. If you prefer to make your own here is a recipe for make your own taco seasoning.
8 of these come together in only about 20 minutes, so go put some in your freezer!
- 8 whole wheat wraps
- 2 lbs. ground beef (I use grass fed 85%)
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese (I use cabot) Please avoid pre-shredded if possible.
- Cook ground beef in a sauté pan over medium high heat until browned and cooked through.
- add taco seasoning mix and cook as per package directions (ours is two packages, plus ⅔ C. of water, so if you use your own seasoning try adding just the water.)Simmer until done.
- Lay out all 8 wraps out on counter of table.
- Add approximately ⅓ C. meat mixture onto each wrap, spread into a line for easier wrapping
- Top each wrap with approximately ¼ C. cheese or as much as desired.
- One by one wrap into a tight burrito roll.
- Wrap each burrito individually in one or two layers of tin foil.
- Write warming instruction on each burrito.
- TO REHEAT:
- Unwrap burrito from foil.
- Wrap in a damp paper towel and place on plate.
- Microwave for approximately two minutes until heated through.