Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars. One Part Energy Bar, One Part Decedent Dessert, Zero Parts Refined Sugar.
These chocolate peanut butter truffle bars are sinful, rich, have no refined sugar, and zero flour in them.
If you are looking to indulge a sweet tooth and dig going raw/vegan/gluten free, this recipe is the golden ticket. I like to have a few recipes that are sweet treats but that aren't sugar and carb bombs.
With a base of Medjool dates and nuts, these treats also double as an energy bar.
As a bonus, these just so happen to freeze GREAT. When you have completed the recipe, slice bars into squares and place in sealed container or freezer bag. They will keep for 3 months.
- 1 Lb medjool dates pitted (about 2.5 cups)
- ½ cup almonds (or other nut)
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ C. peanut butter
- ½ C. cocoa powder
- ¼ C. chocolate chips
- ½ C. peanut butter
- 2 TBLS real maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- approx. 1 TBLS milk ( I used almond milk)
- Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- ¼ C. Peanut Butter
- 1 TBLS maple syrup (or honey)
- Chocolate chips for garnish
- To make base: place all base (first 6) ingredients into food processor and blend until creamy and nuts are processed into very small bits. I pulsed mix for about 2 minutes.
- Line 8x8 baking sheet with parchment paper (or tin foil) and press base mixture evenly into pan.
- Make Frosting: combine peanut butter, maple syrup, and cocoa powder in a small bowl and stir to combine. Slowly stir in milk until mixture become spreadable like a frosting. I used a scant tablespoon. Spread frosting evenly over bars.
- Make drizzle:
- combine peanut butter and maple syrup in small microwavable bowl and stir until combined. Warm mixture in microwave so mixture become slightly loose and easier to drizzle. This should only take about 10-15 seconds. Dip a fork or whisk into drizzle and splatter over top of frosted bars.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips for additional garnish.
- Cut into small squares and serve room temperature or refrigerated. These also freeze amazingly well.