DIY Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, Stock Your Pantry Or Give As A Gift.
Having a couples batches of DIY Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix stashed in your pantry just makes good sense. When you have kids, cookies are always a good idea!
These are my absolute favy-fave-favorite chocolate chip cookies. They are made with whole wheat and oat flour, and are DIVINE! I tried them on healthy baking whim, but have stuck with this recipe from because they taste so much richer than any classic white flour versions.
Because these are my go-to cookie, having a couple batches pre-mixed and ready to go is AWESOME. This recipe makes a single batch (about 12-16 cookies) so I doubled it to have 2 batches of mix stashed in in my pantry.
Want to make your own DIY Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix?
- Decide how many batches you want to make and multiply this recipe by that amount. Let's say you want to make 2 batches, then you will double the recipe.
- Measure out the dry ingredients of each batch individually into two separate bowls (if making two batches, use more bowls if making more batches). EXCEPT for the brown sugar. Measure the brown sugar separately and place in a small zip lock bag removing as much air as possible. We are doing this for two reasons. 1.) It will keep the sugar fresher. 2.)It will allow you to "cream" the butter and sugar together when you make the cookies.
- Once dry ingredients are combined, pour into individual large mason jars (or zip lock bags).
- Tuck the small zip lock bag of brown sugar on top of the remaining dry ingredients inside each mason jar.
- Label the jar including instruction for how to make the cookies.
- Store up to 6 months
If you notice my labels below...I didn't exactly write a novels worth of directions. I didn't need to because I have made these cookies enough times that I know what to do without detailed step by step instructions. If you think you will need more info when the time comes to bake, feel free to add more details to your instruction labels.
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat Flour or Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ***⅓ cup brown sugar, light or dark, packed-Measure separately into small zip lock bag, removing as much air as possible.***
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Beat butter together with reserved brown sugar with stand or hand mixer.
- Add vanilla and egg, mix to combine.
- Pour remainder of Jarred dry ingredients into butter, egg mixture and mix until just blended together.
- Refrigerate dough before baking for 30 minutes for a puffy cookie, or at room temp for a flatter cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown on edges and cooked through.