Freezer Friendly Grilled Ham And Cheese Sandwiches.
Does the world need a recipe for freezer friendly grilled ham and cheddar sandwiches? I think, YES! There simply isn't anything easier than unwrapping a ready made sandwich, and throwing it on a pan for a toasty, hot mini-meal.
When you batch a half dozen of these sandwiches and wrap them for your freezer, you have the convenience of making a mess only once. One mess + 20 minutes = 6 mini-meals
We serve these with a side of carrot sticks, apple slices, or tomato soup for a super hearty lunch or pre-game meal.
If you adore convenience, put these at the top of your list! Looking for another freezer friendly grab and go mini-meal? Try these beef and cheddar burritos too!
- 12 slices whole grain bread (or your favorite sandwich bread).
- one stick room temperature butter. (real butter is best).
- 12 slices of your favorite cheese or about 8 oz.
- 6 slices of deli ham. (We use all natural, nitrate free. Applegate is a common brand found in most grocery stores.)
- Make your sandwich like you would any grilled cheese.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer one slice of cheese, one slice of ham, plus a second slice of cheese on a piece of bread butter side down. Top with second slice of bread, butter side up.
- Wrap sandwich in tin foil. Double wrap if you wish.
- Label foil with heating instructions.
- TO RE-HEAT:
- You can grill these from frozen, or you can thaw first, either will work!
- If frozen place sandwich on a medium size frying pan or griddle that is warmed to medium-low heat. You will want a lower heat that when grilling them from frozen so the cheese has more time to melt. Grill each side until outside is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- From thawed, grill each side over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese is melted.