Simple Lemon Chicken With Wine, So Easy You Don't Even Need A Recipe.
Truth be told this simple lemon chicken with wine can hardly be called a recipe. When I make this, I eyeball everything and never touch a measuring instrument. Even though it is simple, simple, simple, it feels quite luxurious on a weekend night with its crisp flour coating and subtle and tangy sauce.
Bonus: you probably have everything you need sitting in your pantry right now. If you don’t have any white wine hanging around, as a fellow mother, I will have some serious concerns for your sanity.
- 4 thinly sliced or thinly pounded chicken breasts (about 2.5 Lbs.)
- ⅓ C. flour
- one half of a lemon
- ¾ C white wine
- large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbls. chopped fresh herb of your choice (parsley, thyme, or rosemary work great)
- Truth be told this is really a non-recipe. While I have given you measurements, I usually just "eye ball" everything. Feel free to tinker and adjust as you like, this one is tough to mess up!
- Place flour, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, and black pepper on shallow dish and stir to combine.
- season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge through flour to coat evenly. (I either buy think sliced chicken breast or I pound mine to a half inch thickness. It is worth the effort as the cooking time will be shorter and the chicken will cook much more evenly. (That being said: you can totally use regular chicken breast out of the package)
- Heat a large skillet on Medium high heat and coat bottom with olive oil (about 2-3 Tbls.)
- cook two chicken breasts at a time in pan as to not overcrowd and steam chicken. Cook until medium golden brown in color and cooked through. About 4-5 minutes each side. Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from pan, but leave pan on burner.
- Add wine and juice of half of lemon and cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half. About 5 minutes. Scrape any brown bit off bottom of pan and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour reduced liquid over cooked chicken breasts and sprinkle top with chopped herbs. Garnish with sliced lemon if you are feeling fancy.