Tropical Pineapple Slushy, Fast & Healthy Snack For Kids
I like easy. My kids are ALWAYS hungry so the risk of spending all my time in the kitchen is high. This Tropical Pineapple Slushy fits my definition of both healthy and fast, so it has become a new obsession.
The best feature: It is simple enough my kids can make it themselves. YES!
In fact, I have transferred all smoothie/slushy making duties to the kids. The ingredients are easy to grab, and the hand blender is easy for them to yield without a struggle or safety issue.
I wish I could say they don't make a mess.....but....that would be a big fat lie. They usually make a huge mess when making their own smoothies and slushies. However, it is a price I am happy to pay if it keeps me from fetching and serving every minute of the day!
I LOVE my hand blender (AKA immersion blender). I am not crazy about spending $100 for a Bullet blender that only processes smoothies, nor do I want to clean my big clunky traditional blender for a snack, so this hand blender is the perfect compromise.
Do you have one of these? You can pick one up for between $15- $50 and they are GREAT for whipping up creamy soups, salad dressings, and smoothies. They don't take up much room and are so easy to clean.
****little side note**** The maraschino cherries sparked a heated discussion between my daughter and I about why we could not eat a big bowl of just the cherries. It can be a disappointing lesson learning the difference between "food" and "garnish".... but hey... a kids food education has to start somewhere.
- ½ C frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 C vanilla almond milk
- 2 TBLS coconut cream
- Maraschino cherry and toasted coconut for garnish (optional)
- I use a stick hand blender, but you could alternately use a bullet or tradition blender.
- Place frozen pineapple, almond milk, and coconut cream into blending cup or blender.
- Blend for about 1 minute until smooth and slushy
- Rim glass or bowl with toasted coconut and garnish with cherry if desired.
- serve immediately with a spoon and a straw.